This was a pretty quiet space this year. Spent most of it focusing on my dadly duties, listening to music, and trying to stay afloat.
The 2017 Music review is here. (100 albums, favorite songs, favorite concerts etc), but thought it might be nice to share some of the other art that got me through this year (in no particular order).
- 17776 - Jon Bois' stunning multimedia story about what football (and life) looks like in the distant future. An incredible exploration into the importance of games and what makes life worth living.
- The "Sleep With Me" podcast- dear Scooter talks to you in 1-2 hour chunks about nothing, guiding and helping you calm your mind and forget about the troubles of your day
- The tweets of dril.
- The season finale of Nathan for You
- The new Jack Handey book, Don't Stop The Deep Thoughts
- The writing / story collections of Harpers magazine. The only thing I read consistently.
Anyway, there was a lot more. I didn't watch really any movies this year, aside from some superhero blockbusters. Didn't read as much as I should have. Didn't excercise as much as I should have. Didn't write as much as I should have. Lots of room for improvement in the year to come. Probably also lots of incredible triumphs and unspeakable horrors. We'll all do our best to be here again this time next year.
Here's to all creatures great and small in 2018.